The Knowle West Alliance is a collaborative partnership of active and connected local residents, businesses and organisations building and supporting positive action in Knowle West.
Why join the Knowle West Alliance?
- Because you want the best for Knowle West
- Because together we are stronger; we can make the changes we want to see
Residents – how to get involved:
Keep up to date: Join our communication channels to find out what’s happening in the area, celebrate what’s great and look for solutions for things that you want to change.
- Join our active Facebook group @KWAlliance
- We are developing a website that will share useful information
- We are developing an e:newsletter
- We will be using local notice boards to share the newsletter
- We will print the e:newsletter and copies will be available at local centres
Take Action: Do you have a good idea to make change locally?
If your idea needs some money you can apply to the Knowle West Alliance SMALL GRANT FUND via our Community Development Worker. This is an easy process. There are two types of grants, the Alliance gives pots of up to £100 for projects that make a difference to our area, and we are working with Fillwood Community Centre who also have some grants of up to £500 for creative projects in KW.
Volunteer: The Alliance has various volunteer roles available; ongoing small or large support jobs as well as one-off help needed for occasional jobs, events or door knocking. Get in touch with our Community Development Worker if you’d like to know more.
Working Group: As a KW resident you are welcome to join the Alliance Working Group. We are looking for people who are committed to making good things happen, who will contribute skills & knowledge and actively support the wider work of the Alliance. The group meets monthly. Joining the Working Group: Contact our Community Development Worker (contact details on the back of this sheet) and meet up for a chat about the Alliance. You’ll be invited to shadow a meeting, no obligation to join, but simply to see if it’s for you – if after that you would like to become a Member of the Working Group we’d ask that you agree to respect the Alliance Values (below) and commit to regularly attending meetings, at least half of the meetings each year and ideally all of them.
- Community Development Worker: Frances Coates
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: 07942 677 131
- Normal working days: Mon, Tue & Wed