What’s Happening At The Moment
HAVE YOUR SAY: We want to ensure residents voices and opinions are heard, make sure you feedback your thoughts and ideas (how to feedback on each site is detailed below)
- Housing sites being brought forward by Bristol City Council Housing Delivery Team
- Modular housing being proposed by Boklok on Airport Road
- Other sites coming forward TBC
- Bristol City Council’s Housing team has brought forward three local sites to develop for residential housing. These sites will have some council homes and may include affordable housing tenures such as shared ownership. The initial consultation period ran between 5th December 2019 and 6th January 2020. Although these three sites were presented at short notice the Council team are working with Knowle West Alliance to follow the Pre Planning Protocol for Community Involvement as far as possible and keen to listen to, utilise and respond to community feedback.
Full details are here:
**UPDATE FEBRUARY 2020**
The project team is working up options for the site and looking at the feasibility of the scheme, following feedback from the public consultation and responses to the Pre-application submission in December.
A further public consultation event is planned to take place in May after the local elections.
In the meantime, the Northern Slopes Group has suggested holding a site walk and meeting together with Cllr Jackson, the Alliance, Council officers and the project team. Date to be agreed.
Filwood – Old Cinema Site
The project team is working on revisions to the scheme following feedback from the public consultation and responses to the Pre-application submission in December.
A further public consultation exercise will take place in May after the local elections.
Leinster – former Florence Brown Site
The project team, in conjunction with the Council’s education team, is finalising the documents that will form part of the planning application, for both the new housing and SEND sixth form centre.
The planning submission for both elements is due to be submitted in April.
2. Boklok are a developer bringing forward a plan for modular housing on Airport Road. In this instance the plans have been presented at too short notice for the developer to too follow the Pre Planning Protocol for Community Involvement; however the Knowle West Alliance are working to ensure open transparent communication and to identify where the community can be included in the process going forward.
3. OTHER SITES We are currently seeking an update on the status of the Old Swimming Pool site and the Broadplain site.